Ukrainian Book Market Research
The project «Book market research» is a part of the Ukrainian Book Project (2006-2008).
The research was initiated by the International Renaissance and Fund for Central and East European Book Projects, Amsterdam. The research is funded by the MATRA program of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The research is effected by GfK Ukraine (www.gfk.com) selected based on the results of the tender run in spring of 2006 involving five marketing companies.
The comprehensive research of the Ukrainian book market consists of the three parts and the following tasks:
- To find out what share of Ukrainian population buys books, and what motives are behind these purchases;
- To investigate books distribution channels;
- To analyze differences among buyers by distribution channels and socio-demographic characteristics;
- To study seasonal fluctuations on the book market;
- To gather and analyze information about publishers, retailers and wholesalers, operating on the market of Ukraine.